South Florida Rehab and Training Center
If you’re an active person, you put an enormous amount of strain on your body, from your muscles to your joints, and everywhere in between. Physical therapy is designed to strengthen your musculoskeletal system naturally and is ideal for injury rehabilitation, strength and condition, and preventive care. At South Florida Rehab and Training Center (SFR), the physical therapists help their patients deal with practically every biomechanical issue there is and can certainly help you with yours. Call or book an appointment online to see how physical therapy can help you.
Physical Therapy Q & A
What is physical therapy?
The primary goal of physical therapy is to achieve long-term health benefits without the need for risky surgeries, medications, or other interventions. By working with your body’s natural musculoskeletal structure, the physical therapists at South Florida Rehab and Training Center help you rehabilitate by:
What conditions does physical therapy treat?
Because there are so many functioning parts in your body, there are innumerable ways your body can become compromised. To give you an idea of the scope of benefits that physical therapy provides, the following represent the most common reasons people seek physical therapy:
• Injury or chronic pain: Physical therapy works with you to rehabilitate injuries and mitigate chronic pain, especially in the following areas: back, hips, knee, neck or shoulders, feet and ankles.
• Postoperative: When surgery is unavoidable, physical therapy plays a critical role in your recovery and rehabilitation. Through physical therapy, you can retrain your body, strengthen the injured area, and regain mobility.
• Preventive: As a preventive tool, physical therapy can’t be beaten. The therapists at South Florida Rehab and Training Center understand the biomechanical system through and through and tailor a plan that leaves you stronger and more flexible than ever.
What can I expect during a physical therapy session?
The answer to this largely depends on the nature of your injury or condition. Typically, the physical therapy at South Florida Rehab and Training Center relies on the following:
- Targeted strengthening exercises
- Exercises for mobility, flexibility, and balance
- Neuromuscular re-education
- Massage therapy
- Specialized equipment for strength and flexibility training
- Cupping and taping therapies
- Graston technique
To determine which therapies are best for your situation, the physical therapist may conduct a functional movement screening to identify any asymmetries hampering your movements. The screening involves seven exercises that measure your mobility and stability:
- Leg raises
- Rotary stability