The term throwing athlete encompasses a wide range of sports and activities that don’t necessarily involve throwing but do involve your elbows and shoulders, such as:
• Discus, shotput, and javelin
• Squash and racquetball and more
Whatever the injury or concern, the rehabilitation specialists and trainers start you off with a functional movement screening to determine if you have any asymmetries or weaknesses that may be affecting your performance.
From there, they work with you on multiple levels to:
• Restore and improve range of motion
• Strengthen and condition your muscles
• Stretch your soft tissue
To do this, South Florida Rehab and Training Center offers numerous therapies and products, including:
• Strength and flexibility exercises
• Graston® technique for soft tissue mobilization
• Massage therapy
This list is by no means comprehensive — South Florida Rehab and Training is ideally set up to cater to all the needs of a throwing athlete.